There are four ways that Associates engage in the life and work of our Centre: the Annual General Meeting of the Sorrento Centre society in May; on-line gatherings throughout the year; work + study events in the spring and fall; and the Five Weeks of Summer.
Associates are welcome to register for many other events and activities throughout the year.
Annual General Meeting: Thursday, May 6 @ 7 pm. The AGM will once again be on-line in 2021 due to public health rules. All paid-up Associates will receive an AGM package in advance of the meeting.
On-line gatherings: Associates are invited to on-line events throughout the year. There are regular updates and news from the Sorrento Centre, as well as special guests with presentations on the life and work of the Centre. The events are scheduled on the last Thursday of June, September and November. All times are Pacific (add an hour for Mountain, or other adjustments for different time zones). Scheduled dates for remainder of 2021:
- June: Thursday the 24th @ 7 pm
- September: Thursday the 30th @ 7 pm
- November: Thursday the 25th @ 7 pm
Spring work + study event (cancelled due to pandemic rules): We are delighted to welcome Rev. Sandra Stickney to a modified, on-line version of this event. Check out details to be posted in our on-line calendar.
Thanksgiving work + study event: Oct 8 to 11 on the main campus of the Sorrento Centre. Stay tuned for more details on the special features of our annual Thanksgiving gathering.
Five Weeks of Summer: Our wonderful banquet of summer programming - a highlight for our Associates and many other guests. Check out the details posted in our on-line calendar.
- July 11 to 16: Five Weeks of Summer – Get Outdoors!
- July 18 to 24: Five Weeks of Summer – Creative Self-Expression!
- July 25 to 30: Five Weeks of Summer – Celebrate Summer!
- Aug 1 to 6: Five Weeks of Summer – Celebrate Families!
- Aug 8 to 13: Five Weeks of Summer – Celebrate Diversity!