There are four ways that Associates engage in the life and work of our Centre: the Annual General Meeting of the Sorrento Centre society in May; on-line gatherings throughout the year; work + study events in the spring and fall; and the Five Weeks of Summer.
Associates are welcome to register for many other events and activities throughout the year at the Sorrento Centre.
Annual General Meeting: Thursday, May 6 @ 7 pm. Based on public health rules, the AGM may be a hybrid meeting, with some Associates gathering at the Sorrento Centre and others joining on-line.
On-line gatherings: Associates are invited to on-line events throughout the year. There are regular updates and news from the Sorrento Centre, as well as special guests with presentations on the life and work of the Centre. The events are scheduled on the last Thursday of January, February, March, June, August, September, October and November. All times are Pacific (add an hour for Mountain, or other adjustments for different time zones). Scheduled dates for 2021:
- January: Thursday the 28th @ 7 pm
- March: Thursday the 25th @ 7 pm
- June: Thursday the 24th @ 7 pm
- September: Thursday the 30th @ 7 pm
- November: Thursday the 25th @ 7 pm
Spring work + study event: May 2 to 7 on the main campus of the Sorrento Centre (subject to public health rules). Stay tuned for more details on the special features of this spring event.
Thanksgiving work + study event: Oct 8 to 11 on the main campus of the Sorrento Centre. Stay tuned for more details on the special features of our annual Thanksgiving gathering.
Five Weeks of Summer: Our wonderful banquet of summer programming - a highlight for our Associates and many other guests. More details coming soon!
- July 11 to 16: Five Weeks of Summer – Get Outdoors!
- July 18 to 24: Five Weeks of Summer – Creative Self-Expression!
- July 25 to 30: Five Weeks of Summer – Celebrate Summer!
- Aug 1 to 6: Five Weeks of Summer – Celebrate Families!
- Aug 8 to 13: Five Weeks of Summer – Celebrate Diversity!