Join us for a free, family-friendly hike. We'll walk through the moon-light and 'call' owls. It promises to be a bright night (a so-called 'wolf moon') and there are barred owls, amongst others, in residence around our farm. After a short walk through the farm and the forest, we'll gather around a campfire for nature stories, songs and hot chocolate. There are no groomed trails, so make sure to wear proper footwear. Please do not bring pets as we are trying to observe wildlife. There is no cost, but please register on-line so that we know how many people to expect. We will accept donations for the hot chocolate.
Directions for walk
A family friendly event.
* park along the north (farm) side of Abel/Armentiers Rd.
* begin at the east gate
* a moonlit hike to 'call' owls - bring a flashlight covered in red paper to preserve night vision ~ about an hour hike with many stops
* this is a nature hike... there are no groomed trails... come prepared
* please no pets... we will be trying to observe wildlife
* an outhouse is available AT THE END OF THE HIKE... please ensure you have taken care of bodily needs before you come
* followed by stories, songs and refreshments around the campfire