The Sorrento Centre is seeking a skilled and spirited youth coordinator to work as part of our
staff team to develop and launch WYLD, a winter youth leadership development program on our
beautiful 24-acre campus in the South Shuswap region of British Columbia. A three-person team
– the Associate Director, the Executive Director and the youth coordinator – will work together
to realize the program, which will be built around three core objectives:
• Personal and leadership development;
• Spiritual formation; and,
• Community service.
The Sorrento Centre Anglican Church of Canada is a retreat and conference centre. We aspire to
be a gathering place for all and offer a diversity of events and activities to thousands of guests
each year. Our 8-acre natural farm is about 2km from the main site and has offers an abundance
of healthy and nutritious produce.
The youth coordinator will develop details of WYLD, recruit youth participants and manage the
launch of this exciting new initiative. The youth coordinator will provide leadership within the
Sorrento Centre senior staff team; and will build on our strong legacy of engaging youth.
We are seeking a person who can demonstrate:
• Strong experience in working with young people from 18 to 25 years of age.
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, education and engagement skills.
• Good ability to develop and manage innovative programming.
• Solid abilities to collaborate effectively with others, including staff and volunteers.
This is a permanent full-time position with full benefits, after a probationary period. The salary
will be based on skills and experience. Housing and meals are included. We are committed to a
diverse workplace and invite applications from all interested people.
If you believe that you can contribute to the launch of this new program, please send a resume
and cover letter by August 15, 2019 to Melissa Green at [email protected]
Please include, in your cover letter, a response that completes this phrase:
“Working with young adults offers the opportunity to…”
This job posting and information about the program can be found on this page as attachements.