The housekeeper works as part of the office team at the Sorrento Centre. The day-to-day work will be supervised by Housekeeping Manager Norma James-Athay. The staff team of the Sorrento Centre is under the direction of Executive Director Michael Shapcott.
Sorrento Centre is a dynamic retreat and conference centre in the beautiful South Shuswap region of British Columbia that welcomes a diverse variety of guests throughout the year.
As a key service worker for Sorrento Centre, the housekeeper will work with other staff to ensure a high quality of housekeeping that meets our standard for generous hospitality. They will clean rooms, suites, other residential spaces and common areas of Sorrento Centre, including meeting and exceeding WorkSafeBC and public health standards.
The housekeeper will work as part of a housekeeping team and will be expected to have a pleasant and engaging manner in working with other staff and dealing with guests. General knowledge or experience in housekeeping is a benefit. Training in the procedures of the Sorrento Centre will be provided. Hours can be adjusted to meet the needs of the Sorrento Centre and the successful candidate, from part-time to full-time.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Cleaning rooms and common areas, including changeover after guests depart.
- Cleaning and sanitizing common areas, including wash houses.
- Laundry and related housekeeping tasks.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Salary and work conditions
- A part-time or full-time position, subject to the Personnel Policy of the Sorrento Centre.
- Sorrento Centre reserves the right to adjust hours to suit a seasonal cycle.
- Starting pay $17.50 per hour, may be adjusted based on experience.
Please send a letter describing your skills and experiences and work experience to the Sorrento Centre, at [email protected] .