We look forward to welcoming you to Sorrento Centre, whether for a day or several days.
As always, we want you and all our other guests, our staff, and other visitors to be healthy and safe as you spend time here, and in your communities. You will be comforted to know that we meet and exceed all the public health and WorkSafeBC rules and guidelines.
By now, you are likely aware of the mandated safety protocols set in place by the Province of British Columbia, and as Sorrento Centre is in the Interior Health region of BC we also comply with their enhanced pandemic requirements.
Some of the restrictions made by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) and Interior Health Medical Health Officers under the Public Health Act, will impact your visit with us. Specifically, please note:
- Face masks are required in all indoor public spaces, including meeting and dining rooms, by order of public health authorities.
- Proof of vaccination is required for all guests participating in meetings or other indoor organized activities after September 13th, by order of public health authorities. Find your local vaccination clinic at Vax for BC
- Travel is not restricted to the Sorrento Centre (except for some international visitors) but travel advice from public health authorities changes frequently. Currently, public health authorities are advising against non-essential travel.
- Gathering sizes are strictly limited – no more than 50 people for indoor organized events and 100 people for outdoor organized events, by order of public health authorities. The Sorrento Centre is enforcing gathering restrictions.
Here are a few additional important reminders
- Before you arrive: Screen for symptoms… if you feel unwell, please stay home and contact HealthLink BC at 8-1-1 for medical advice.
- Hand hygiene: Please wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer.
- Follow signs and other directions: While on the campus of the Sorrento Centre, please follow all of our pandemic safety signs. Please do the same while you are travelling to and from our Centre.
Find more info about COVID-19 and the Sorrento Centre